Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love fishing, I think it has taken a back to seat to crabbing for me over the last 5 years. Except for maybe Surfishing, I enjoy crabbing more. Now, my boy on the other hand will make me put the traps away after 3 runs to go fishing every time. I'm looking a the skiff sitting there in the driveway just wishing it was 80 degrees and sunny. Oh well, that is life on the Eastern Shore I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dave I might have to agree with you, although I just got into crabbing this year. I enjoy the taste of crabs better than most fish. Easier to prepare for cooking. Although I must admit it is a great feeling to have a nice rockfish on the other end of the line. I need to find the balance of both of them. Seems like I get hooked each summer on one or the other.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess if you look at all of the money I have spent on fishing gear it's 10 times the amount that I've spent for my 30 traps. Also, the last time I checked, the price of fresh crabmeat per pound was much higher than any fish that swims in the bay. :) In my opinion, it's less involved and you can really enjoy hitting those quiet creeks first thing in the morning. I'm almost exclusively use my boat for crabbing and prefer to to surf fishing when i do fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.