Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water yesterday about 9:00am. Tried the mouth of a river just as it hits a shallow bay and caught plenty of crabs but all small. Talked to a guy checking eel pots and he pointed me in the right direction. Pulled the line and moved across to the other side and managed a couple dozen nice crabs. Surface water temp was 58.5 by 2:00 pm. Crabs are not quite right yet but getting real close.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with colder weather coming, at this rate, Rockfish season may be history before it gets started. Although it would be nice to have someting to stuff the crab into for a special treat.

Any clues as to where?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Thanks,

Even shallow bay crabbing that seems early. I figured it had to be extreme So Md or nothern Va.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
nice, didn't think I'd see a crab report this soon:clap:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Last year it started out with a bang on opening day in the same location but this year it's been a little cooler.

·
Registered
193 Posts
question about lynnhaven river crabbing

hi im new to tidal fish and the area was curious when i could start crabbing in the river,also with my five pot how to be respectful of working crabbers

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
The report sounds good but your board name is making me a little leary.

Scotty Pane, welcome to tidal fish. The way to keep the watermen happy is to stay out of their way. What river are you in?

·
Registered
193 Posts
new to lynnhaven crabbing

thanks for the reply, im fishing-crabbing the lynnhaven.
also why does my name make you leary-I could use one fo the names my wife calls me
but it's a family fishing site.

I was thinking some time around early may depending on temps

thanks guys for any help.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Scott,
I think he was referring to the original poster "Big Liar"

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got that name from a old fisherman that I work with at the plant. He always called me that whenever I would tell him what I had caught or what was posted on the fishing board here. Once he started going fishing with me, he stopped calling me that but I thought the name was actually pretty good so I kept it for the board. It throws people off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts