Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went crabbing in my usual location South of the Annapolis. I started crabbing around 8:00am. I had 3/4 bushel by 9:30am. The water was getting clearer. I could see about 12 inches down. I crabbed a trotline with nx in 5 to 12 feet of water. I seemed to do better in 6 feet of water on the whole. These were the biggest crabs that I caught for the year! They ranged from 6.5 to 8 inches in some cases. I ended up with a solid bushel of colosal crabs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Went yesterday in the severn between the bridges. Crabbed between 8am and 2pm, the crabs never shut down, water temp 65 deg, most crabs were in 8-11ft of water. Got about 1 1/2 bushels with my dad, solid #2 crabs. Some were very dark inside which may mean they are beginning to dig in the mud? Used 30 traps, 10 were the bigfoot topless, had my first experience with 3 crabs in a trap yesterday, happened 3 times, it was really amazing, althought they are a bit harder to handle I will go with all bigfoot topless traps next year. Gonna try one last trip in 2 weeks when i'm off again.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Went Sunday in the West River same thing 47 almost a bushel in 3-1/2 hrs 2 at the same time twice. gonna try again this weekend weather permitting of coarse!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
They are definitley getting ready for the mass exodus and want to be properly fed.
When you get a crab in almost every trap you know the fall grocery up is in swing.

This weekend, I will target only quality and throw back anything that isnt a true fall hammer.

Know what I mean? Vern.............

;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts