Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog Brandi, friend Mike and I went crabbing this morning. I really wanted to see how my new pup did on the boat crabbing. She was perfect. We worked hard for a bushel of mixed crabs. Some big and heavy, some small and heavy and everything in-between. The days of 2 bushels in 2 hours are long gone. We were out 6 hours.
Water Sky Dog Azure Carnivore
Water Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore
Cuisine Dish Food Natural material Seafood
Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere Daytime

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got a real friend there. Labs and boats - go together so well.
I'm loving life. My last lab hated cars, boats and water. I always had to be home within 8-9 hours. Now I can take my new pup fishing and crabbing . I know Rukus liked boats...... and perch! Great companions .........Gary.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Beautiful pup Gary, we really miss our Katie, she was a great dog and she loved the water.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Beautiful dog Gary, she's very interested in what was happening. Nice job on the bushel of crabs. I got to the dock on Friday and there were 2 guys in a boat who were commercial. They had 2 bushels but said it took them 6 hours and they were running clam bags.

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful dog Gary, she's very interested in what was happening. Nice job on the bushel of crabs. I got to the dock on Friday and there were 2 guys in a boat who were commercial. They had 2 bushels but said it took them 6 hours and they were running clam bags.
My main goal was to see how Brandi reacted to going crabbing with me. My late lab would not get on the boat so I had to leave her home and be back within 8 hours. Now I know I can take her fishing and crabbing. I bought her a PFD today to keep her safe. She is only 4 months old but already a loving faithful companion that wants to go wherever I go. DNR waited too long to make changes and the crab population is hurting.......Gary
Wood Font Material property Publication Hardwood

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thanks for the post Gary - good stuff

Matt took me crabbing Friday morning south of Kent Island. I had not been crabbing in about 30 years. Forgot how fun it was.

Matt is such a good friend that he laid out all the traps and trot line and got started and then picked me up at the ramp at 6:00 - then gave me all the crabs!!

It also took us six hours to get our full bushel. We were using chicken necks.

Pat

Water Boat Cloud Sky Watercraft

1 - 18 of 18 Posts