Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Crabs and fishin report

I cooked up a half bushel from the guy and they were very nice. I got just under 3/4 bushel for half bushel price. Cooked em up and went fishin as they were cooling. I caught roughly 4 rockfish around 18-19", a dozen blues about 12"-16" and if you can believe this, a pickerel on topwater!!!! Anyone else ever catch a fall pickerel on topwater? Certainly was my first. Foul hooked him right behind the head on his back. Bait everywhere. Fished the mouth of the seneca shorlines. Hot bait banana creek chub then lost it to a nick in the line, then switched over to chrome and did well with that. Got home at 8 and feasted on 10 fat crabs. Stick a fork in me I am done.:D May try again tomorrow at dusk if the wind stays down.
Ken- how was the 'smokehouse' crab recipe you tried?:eek::D:D:D
Glad you guys had a great time!!!!!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Steamed up a half also these crabs were the same as last time awesome. Joe had 7 bushel there he had sold, he told me that after the post how good they were he got a lot of calls, he went from not being able to sell crabs to having to get crabs from his buddy to fill his orders. i think I am getting some again thursday to take to chincoteague, crabs oysters and clams. Then saturday is chili and chowder cook-off this is a good time of eating and drinking beer, if anyone wants to come down let me know. Met ravens16 there also to get a bushel.

Never had cajun blackend crabs before, how were they.:eek2:

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
How big was the Pickerel?I miss that creek.I used to put my kayak in at the power plant all winter til they closed it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
the blackened crabs were pretty good but i dont think i would recommend anyone trying the recipe again. i think ken got them off the burner just in time :clapping2:
now mikes jo and rock salt seasoning was the bomb ( stink )
Robin and i had a great time and i think lil davy has a crush on cindy
Cant beat crabs , corn , cold beer and friends for a great time

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Good thing we had a firefighter Dave there.. ;-) They sure were good crabs.. One thing about cooking them my way, you DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN THE POT.. :eek2:

Any body know where I can get a SS crab pot?????:52:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts