Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two nice bushels of mixed males crabs caught today on Patuxent river asking $100.00 a bushel watch the Ravens & enjoy some nice steam crabs
Here's my cell 410-935-4140 I'm in Joppa Md 21085
Thanks Jack

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
It costs me a lot more than $100.00 before I wet the line!

This offering is a bargain.
It costs me right around $100.00 to crab. Truck fuel, boat fuel, launch fee and bait. Where it really costs me is baiting the line, getting up at 0330, driving an hour each way, cleaning the boat and crab pot and debaiting the line. All that said and the cost of crabs, THAT IS ONE HELL OF A DEAL and a relaxing day!! I am going to my Neice's for a crab feast or they would be mine!....... Gary

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Went to southern Md Saturday to visit Grandkids and drop off gifts. Told the wife we would go down to Brooms Island and bring home 50 ct oysters.
Passed by Mels Crabs he was advertising Mixed Males $119 a Bu.
Just for comparison!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Wish you luck Jack

Maybe the orders fell thru but I try to have orders for my crabs before I go. With a list of things that need to get done the last thing I want to do is steam and pick for future use unless I need the meat.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
I must have it made no where near that $$$for me....
it actually cost me less than $10.00 yesterday :)
It costs me a lot more than $100.00 before I wet the line!

This offering is a bargain.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
I must have it made no where near that $$$for me....
it actually cost me less than $10.00 yesterday :)
Most of my crabbing cost is my truck fuel towing an hour each way and the $20.00 ramp fee. You live on the water and don't incur either of these costs. Rub it in!! lol........ Gary

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Went to southern Md Saturday to visit Grandkids and drop off gifts. Told the wife we would go down to Brooms Island and bring home 50 ct oysters.
Passed by Mels Crabs he was advertising Mixed Males $119 a Bu.
Just for comparison!
Hey Dale. Did you get your oysters from Jill?

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,155 Posts
polecat, why are you traveling 196 miles to trotline? I think that's extremely excessive.
Without going into a lot of detail....

My family, friends and I prefer Pax River crabs to crabs from other tributaries in MD.

I could, if I wanted to, crab in any river I desired.

For me, the issue is not buying or selling.

Occasionally I sell a bushel or more to recover my expenses, however, I give away more than I sell and feel good about it.

I sometimes crab closer to home when time is a factor, but the Pax is my first choice when it comes to crabbing.

P.S. I also drive to Colorado to hunt.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Without going into a lot of detail....

My family, friends and I prefer Pax River crabs to crabs from other tributaries in MD.

I could, if I wanted to, crab in any river I desired.

For me, the issue is not buying or selling.

Occasionally I sell a bushel or more to recover my expenses, however, I give away more than I sell and feel good about it.

I sometimes crab closer to home when time is a factor, but the Pax is my first choice when it comes to crabbing.

P.S. I also drive to Colorado to hunt.
I think just saying I'm Polish would have sufficed!.......... Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts