Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gang it's that time of year for my annual crab predictions. THIS IS GOING TO BE A BANNER YEAR! Look for larger crabs this year with 40-48 crabs in the Wye, EB and Kent Narrows area to fill a bushel. With the number of juvenile crabs that were out their last year they are ready to graduate to what one of my buddies calls MUMBOS. The geese were headed back North in droves last night which leads me to believe that you should get out earlier this year. The rivers and creeks at the mouths should provide for some early to mid April action even in the Wye and Miles areas. I do believe that even the Gunpowder will turn on by mid June.

BTW, look for retail prices to be at $200 - $250 for the holidays.

See you on the water fellas.

Brian
A.K.A Crabslayer

·
Registered
685 Posts
I thought you moved to Florida? "crazy old man" Hey, I heard the geese this morning about 5 AM and they were all excited. Talk about loud! I'll be doing the lower unit and oil change in the 40HP this weekend. Yes sir, an early season it shall be!

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Oyster divers said there were a lot of little crabs.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Crabbing in the Miles will be slow and close to non existent.
The same for the last 15 years. Not worth even trying. I try because I am a sap and have no idea what I am doing. The same with perch,trout,croakers,spot, rock, flounder, sunfish and yellow perch. The river is void of life.

I am concentrating on the West River closer to home this year. Less distance, less gas.

Dad and mom are on their own.

Tony, that boat must get out of its way good with that HP! Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
OOps, Sorry, Replied to Tony on the wrong post.

EXCCCCCUUUUUSSSSSSSEEEEE MMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Brian

I'm hoping for a bountiful season this year so thanks for your words of encouragement. I'll be blowing off the winters dust in about 3 weeks with my annual trip to Indian River area for my first batch of crabs for the season, we hope:D . Then we will test the Chesapeake a little before we settle in on the Pax.

Good Luck All

Beth and John

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Well he said Banner Year. Well the Banner reads Slow

He was right about the prices.

·
Premium Member
26,151 Posts
CrabSlayer-I hope you are right.I'll buy you a cold beer if you are :thumbup: . Skip

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The year aint over yet. I would not put foot in mouth just yet.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

The year is pretty much over as far as money is concerned....
I don't foresee a GIANT turnaround between now and Labor Day.....and that's pretty much the end of good wholesale prices.....Prices have held a little higher than normal based on the shortage of crab.....maybe that'll carry through the fall when things should pick up a little.

All in all this year was a BUST:eek2:

Tony

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well gang it's that time of year for my annual crab predictions. THIS IS GOING TO BE A BANNER YEAR! Look for larger crabs this year with 40-48 crabs in the Wye, EB and Kent Narrows area to fill a bushel. With the number of juvenile crabs that were out their last year they are ready to graduate to what one of my buddies calls MUMBOS. The geese were headed back North in droves last night which leads me to believe that you should get out earlier this year. The rivers and creeks at the mouths should provide for some early to mid April action even in the Wye and Miles areas. I do believe that even the Gunpowder will turn on by mid June.

See you on the water fellas.

Brian
A.K.A Crabslayer
Well, let's see.

Larger crabs. Yep the crabs have been larger this year.

The river and creeks at the mouths should provide early to mid April action. Yep. They did.

I do believe that even the Gunpowder will turn on by mid June. And where is every one crabbing right now?

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/crabbers/211077-gunpowder-popular.html

Last but not least, DRUM ROLL PLEASE! $200 - $250 for the holidays. :clap: :clapping2: :yes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
it seems more and more each year the season ( good crabbing ) goes deeper into the fall. last october was excellent!! The rocky point, bush, sass. , gundpowder etc. are a little early this year (probably the higher salinity )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts