1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You sure are deadly with those little tubes. You shouldn't have said anything about the double post. I scanned down through the pictures and didn't even notice it was two pictures. I thought you had really laid into them!!

We went out in the upper bay yesterday. It was loaded with small rockfish breaking everywhere. I did manage to pull two keeper rock out from under the breakers along with a few small perch and the ever present catfish. But when you are catching catfish on metal jigs even that isn't all that bad. Kept one rock and threw the other back because it had some sores on it. I grilled it tonight with butter and Bayou Cajun seasoning. It was mighty tasty!!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jerry, your little darts would work also when they hit like yesterday. Rock with sores has been happening for many years. I use to see that long ago. Wonder what it's from?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I don't think anyone really knows what causes it to be so prevalent. Some say it is because of lack of forage. Who knows.

I poured up 75 jigging spoons (25 each of 1/2, 3/4 and 1 oz.) like we have been catching with on Saturday afternoon. I have a bunch of the 3//4 and one ouncers painted with either 1/0 or #2 hooks on them. I left the 1/2 oz. ones until last because we use the larger weights in the heavy current and deeper water. I will finish out the 1/2 oz. ones with #2 hooks for perch on the lumps and in the river next spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts