Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lack of spot and croaker in the upper bay (Annapolis area)
Big redfish being caught north of Solomons by a fair number of boats
Cobia out of Solomons
Buddy caught a grouper off the OCMD bridge.
Heck there was even a report of a false albacore caught by Smith point.
May dad is now reporting catching pompano in the NJ surf...

Crazy year to say the least.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Just as crazy in Florida this year. Dolphin everywhere from 90 to 1600 ft, Big bull sharks and Hammerheads hanging out in 60 to 130ft. eating everything you hook, never been sharked so much this year. Bonita at every depth. Sailfish have been plentiful this summer, usually a winter fish. Big Kingfish and Blackfin Tuna hanging out in 100 ft. But the craziest is Wahoo being caught in big numbers anywhere from 80 ft. out, many on chunks of Bonita and sardines drifting baits behind the boat with wire lines and 11/0 circle hooks. Snook and Tarpon fishing is the best I have seen since moving here 9 years ago. Only downside has been the intense heat.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My father helps with a kids fishing tournament in Strathmere NJ every year. They normally catch kingfish, spot, and small bluefish. This year there was one keeper kingfish, a couple of spot, and a ton of dink pompano.. This was last weekend.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Caught lizard fish in OC. First time in forty years of flounder fishing there.

There are puppy black drum being caught near the South River.

The Cobia bite out of St. Jerome's Creek.

To quote the famous orator Gomer Pyle "surprise, surprise, surprise"

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Caught a lizard fish St. Leonards creek on Sunday. First one I had seen in the Pax.

Could not catch croaker but caught some huge spot. Much different pattern than in the past.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts