Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

It's January and cabin fever is really settling in. It's this time of year that I start counting the days down to spring:yes:. I like to experiment with making some of my own tackle and have some rigs that are just plain ridiculous. The " Hurt " as I call it is two 20" umbrellas connected togther with a double coast lock with tandem 2 oz chutes on opposing arms. I normaly attach 16oz of inline and send it back 75'. It has caught fish the last 2 seasons and the ONLY rod on the boat that I will not touch when it goes down. What creative lure do you throw out in your spread?

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
I like to tinkering with rigs - fun catching on homemade gear.

One of my better rigs is a daisy chain - made with 4 or 5 - 1/8 oz Sea Witches. These are light and keeps the rig near the surface.

It can also be pulled deep off a downrigger.

I'm going to add some flash / tinsel to some parachutes - some days the flashy ones did very well for me.

I like to add yellow feathers to spoons - IMHO - they swim better then factory ones.

Neat trick with umbrella - add 6-9 inch leaders on the outer arm shads. It makes a bigger profile in the water - kinda 3D effect.
I use 9 inch on outer arms and 6 inch on inner.
No fun reeling in but often gets a good fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts