Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out last nite into the little creeks around York county. Me and Steve in a Canoe and Jeff and his dad in their new CLACKAcraft (awesome little creek/flats boat. check them out if you've never heard of them)

Fish were skittish with the slick calm water, but they were there. The secret is stealth. We caught 7 in the first 15mins, then managed a total of 33 rockfish in the next 3hrs.

We spoke to a few guys in CC's and they were ALL SKUNKED. Well, I told them to kill their gas motors and paddle or drift....but they didn't listen. We would watch a ******* run wide open all the way up to a lightline, then stop and anchor right on top of it, commence to yell, stomp, kick, etc. and.....get nada. hahaha...we just wait 15-20 mins and sniper right up there, drop our little canoe anchor about 40ft off of the lightline, and bust the schoolies on 8lb test. We have caught up to 28in fish so far this year, and one of our buddies got a 34.

as a side note, PLEASE have some consideration for canoers and Yakkers, especially at nite. There is no reason to run 25mph thru the Poquoson river creeks at 2am. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE SURE YOUR LIGHTS WORK!

Tight lines, and Yes, I do have an extra Old Town 16ft camper canoe that I am willing to let you tag along in;-)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
WTG! Paddeling is the way to go in small bodies of water. Do you all fish it in the day time and catch any?
Is the CLACKa craft a paddle boat?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts