Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a piece of property in the halieford area. The creek has not been used in about 3 years. The owner says that he used to go in and out of the creek with a 24 ft. boat often. When my wife and I kayaked down it during low tide we actually got hung up. It has a muddy bottom mostly. Has anyone ever ran into this. Will using it and marking a trail coming and going clean out a path?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Looking at a piece of property in the halieford area. The creek has not been used in about 3 years. The owner says that he used to go in and out of the creek with a 24 ft. boat often. When my wife and I kayaked down it during low tide we actually got hung up. It has a muddy bottom mostly. Has anyone ever ran into this. Will using it and marking a trail coming and going clean out a path?
By the way it's Hallieford. Does this creek have a name, someone might be able to help you out with a name.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I know boat traffic does help keep creeks open, I can see that over time if its just silt, traffic could open it.. ( how much traffic needed?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts