Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the Mother's Day celebrating, I was able to get two friends together to try and jig for hardhead yesterday afternoon. Hit the Solomon's ramp around 4pm and tried a few shallow water spots on the way out with no bites. Got out front and started to jig up a HH in water from 8ft into 20ft. Also managed a few schoolie stripers. Beautiful evening! Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Wow great report. I have never jigged for HH, usually that's a bait thing for me while at anchor. Any chance you could share a few pointers or direct me to a resource on this. This sounds like a great way to fish for them esp with the occasional striper mixed in.

Thanks

Norman

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Rick, I ran past you about 4:15 you were just south of the 3 legged marker. I ran across looking for some specks, then hit Cedar pt after dark without any luck. Caught some small stripers but no HH.

Stromin, I use gulp in chartreuse.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Tom you used to have info regarding LTJ for crakers with a tandem jig n grub rig.. I read it long time ago. Still there?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will admit that I tip the jig with a squid ring in the early part of the HH jigging thing, but last evening they were only hitting the chartreuse twin tail (spinner bait trailer from Zoom) if you had a white one on they were not hitting it as much. I was using a 3/8 oz jig head, preferably a stand up type and jigging it 3 or 4 times quickly off the bottom. They actually quit bitting the jig when it gets really dark. Rick

SUNMAN, I wanted to try a Berkly Gulp on them and even had them on the console but forgot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts