Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I had heard grumblings of some croaker caught in the Annapolis area recently so I went out to find out for myself. So with fish tacos and corona for cinco de mayo my mind a buddy and I headed out. We fished a community dock just north of TP and south of Tolleys from 6:30-8:15 last night. Bayside of course. Maybe 4-6 feet of water and a strong incoming tide. Caught 5 nice croaker from 14"-17" and one lost catfish. We were using your average over under rigs and frozen shrimp. Sure was a nice way to end a perfect weather day. Oh and the tacos were pretty good too. Just thought some of you with kids and access to a dock would like to know. Easy fishin' for sure. Bring some Off the no-see-ums are out in full force.

Cheers,

Evans

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
That is cool to hook Croaker and a Catfish in same area.

FWIW: I think but do not hold me to it - there is public access by permit to Thomas Point.

Be nice if the Chesapeake Bay Foundation would build a public pier on their bay front shoreline- Hint / Hint.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Tom --All ya want at No. Beach off Pier plenty of room for Back & Roll casting --

·
Registered
801 Posts
Big E: Thanks for the report. There's nothing like catching croakers on fly or light tackle. What a hard fighting fish and delicious to eat.
Tom, could you give some general advice on just how to go about flinging flies at croaker? Its been about 40 years since I caught one, but I still remember that it was distinctively tasty. Now that my wife and I have SOT kayaks, we'd like to get into this a little, at least once per year. Appreciate your recommendations on their preferred habitats, productive patterns, tides, times of day, anything really that would point in the right direction without spot-burning.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
As we say on Bikeforums, if no pics, it didn't happen!:))

Seriously, great info, Evans. I'm excited to hear that....I really want to get the kids on some horse croaker this spring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts