Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Nomini Creek, Nomini Bay and found some Croakers back up in the creek. All nice sized i.e. 13-17"s. Action still seems somewhat slow compared to previous years. Required some patience and time. Caught on fishbites....bloodworm and crab. Didn't hear about anyone catching any Stripers up around St. Clements but did hear about the action down around St. Georges and Buoy 9....sounded like the guys down there were having a ball.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Glad you got some croaker; one of my fishing buddies who was supposed to come down could not make it and the other, who lives near you, could not get up early to go with me so I did chores Saturday.

I got your neighbor with the Robalo up early Sunday and we had a good day, (see report) and got his son & girlfriend to bring the Robalo out, (plus extra food and water) about midday.

I looked for you on the water and I heard someone call for you on ch. 68 but heard no answer.

My friends with the Robalo caught catfish off the dock on Sat night. They bottom fished in Nomini bay on Saturday afternoon; got nothing but small perch.

I will be down again in a couple of weeks; try to get up with you then.

Good pullage,

Cpt B

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Capt B

Was a busy weekend for me! Got to do some fishin but not as much as I would have liked. I was looking for you...fished close to Beal's Wharf when we got the croakers but never saw you go by. I too will be back down in about 3 weekends and looking forward to catchin some Strippers at that point.

Best of luck to you and sorry missed you this week.

PS You might also want to chk out the Potomac River Angler's Club...another message board that has lots of good info about fishin in the part of the river we know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fished in a small gentlemans croaker tourney on Sat. we fished far from you guys up in the potomac though and did well. We fished at the edge of the ships channel from just off fleeton down to the "yellow can". Believe it or not I caught so many that we got tired and started in early. The NNAC tourney was cancelled due to small craft advis. but conditions were no worse than usual..(offshore winds) 19 foot center console with 5 people no problem! The croaker are around they are just picky about what they want! Have had better luck in deeper water on bayside than up in the creeks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts