Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Don't know about the Rapp but I have been catching them daily in the Piankatank for about 2 weeks now so I would imagine they are there. Just don't know how far up yet.

--John

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I usually only fish up around the harcum area but have had real good luck out in godfrey bay right behind the number 10 marker ( i think) anchor on top of the shallow and cast either way to the drop offs. Up where I usually fish there is a hole that goes down to about 18 feet right in between the deep point ramp and the piankatank shores boat ramp. Had real good luck there in the summer. Then there is another productive spot right off of free port landing where the river turns slightly and has a good drop off on the gloucester side that goes down from 4 feet to about 19
Hopefully this year I will be able to find a little more because I finally upgraded from a flasher to a real fishfinder on my little boat
The two places up river have also been productive for catfish up to ten pounds and good for baitfishing for rocks in early fall.

--John

·
Registered
512 Posts
I normally have caught croakers by now(on Rapp) but have been working and shad fishing. I'm going somtime between Fri and Sunday and will post a report. In the last 10 or 15 years I've caught fish on or before April 1st. Flats around Garetts marinia area, moratico bar and some humps I fish across form 13 always produce early. If there catching on the Piankitank there in the Rapp. Fish shallow(15 to 4 feet) and target oyter beds mud flat (fish are eating worms and critters in both)and current breaks. Pier fishing and creek fishing during high tide are pirme especally at night. Im very suprised guys on the creek where I dock have not posted something about catching. Cast as far from the boat or pier as possible and you'll catch better. Lot of white cats biting right now also, caught them (cats)two weeks ago off the dock.

Have a good one

Capt. Bobby Jenkins
Mister J's Pleasure Saltwater Charters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts