Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried fishing around the state park area at croaker yet? I'm thinking about trying but wonder if I should head further down river after reading earlier craoker reports. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Mel and Jen
"Catchone"

·
Registered
79 Posts
I cannot speak for the State park, however I fished Bells Rock on Friday 3-31 for about three hours and ended up with 22-25 nice croakers. We only threw back about 5 that were small. Most fish were 1 1/2 to 2 lb fish. Real light bite though as far as the tug. All in about 25-32 foot of water. All on squid. Fishbites were a strikeout for an hour and as soon as we changed that one rod to squid it worked. I was estatic to catch fish this early in the season that far up. It was a little windy and rough though. SW winds by the weatherman were actually SE and coming straight up the river. Imagine that, a weathman getting it wrong. Good luck to all.

FISH ON!!!!![grin][grin]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see your from Midlo, I'm a few miles further up 60 in Powhatan.
Drop me a bmail anytime QKADKT. I have found that shrimp and squid are the baits of choice at Croaker. Give it a try next time.
Mel
Catchone

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bells Rock is about 4 miles from West Point river left. I do believe that Coles Point is on the Potomac. Some folks call Bells "the light".

FISH ON!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
A note on the "fishbites". They are great to have on board, but I think that the manufacturer's state that they work best in warm water...60+ degrees. So while it is nice to have them as an altrenative, you may want natural bait early in the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts