Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the pleasure of a first class hunt with Swancaller ( Mike) today. I got to tell ya'll Swan's guide outfit is World class in the most famous duck hunting hole in the U.S.-- Currituck Sound, NC. As would be expected, they have a first class lodge that includes 3 home cooked meals a day, access to Marshes and big water hunting throughout the Sound, and a laid back atmosphere.
The shooting couldn't have been any better. We brought back 18 birds and wiffed about as many more. We shot Greater Scaup, Greenwing Teal, Ringnecks, and Gadwall. We were hunting the open water today, but the Marshes were full of Blacks and Greenheads, with a scattering of Sprigs.
I would strongly recomend booking Mike early to get in on some of this action next year. Oh yea, The Snow Goose season is still coming up and runs through end of Feb or Mid March I think. You can kill so many you stack em like cord wood
Thanks for a great day Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glenn I we got 2 party that canceled on us. I am going alone tomorrow. I have SAT open if anyone is wanting to shoot a couple of boxes of shells sat. Bmail me if you are interested. Enjoyed it Glenn. went back today hunted north because of the wind. Teal ate us up and we shot 10 before 10am. Had a causualty on the shifting cable makeing it an early day. OH WELL get them tomorrow. boat is fixed and ready to hunt!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now there's an idea: we could start the world's first FAT Farm for reteviers--- we could make millions-- ok a couple of bucks maybe. Just as long as ya don't count on me to bring the birds down. And no more Moon pies for Sage in the off season.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Saturday was great!!!

I went hunting on the currituck sound with Mike (swancaller) and had a blast, and alot of bang too.

We got big ducks and little ducks you name it, we could have got geese if it was in season.

The dog got a workout, good to see a dog who loves to swim after ducks.

I have been duck hunting in Virginia before, but nothing like this at all. I shot as many ducks this trip than all the times before.

Thanks Mike for a wonderful hunt and I look forward to next year.

Eric

·
Registered
27 Posts
glad you got a good shoot. yep the fat old dog still got it in her [grin]
I get to watch the kids shoot at all those ducks.....man is it hard to do that sometimes. fun though you just sit back and laugh.....that one was too close, that one was too fast, that one turned before i shot. that is how we all got our excuses i guess. you make them up when you are young.

Hey GAW sorry you had to work sat at least you still have a job.......[grin]

·
Registered
423 Posts
One last day of ducks is going to happen this sat. It is the youth day and man what a shoot it has been the last 3 years. It is so much fun to sit and watch the kids miss the ducks. get it in there blood eary i say!![excited]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.