Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cushions in my cuddy were thin so I bought memory foam last year to put on top. Worked great and very comfortable to sleep on. But the foam is getting discolored so they need to be covered. I'd like to have the both the original foam and the new foam covered together. Anyone have the name of someone who can do good work at a reasonable price? I'm up in the Richmond area but of course can bring them wherever since the boat is in Norfolk. I have used someone up here in the past but would like to get a second price to compare.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
143 Posts
call charlie at Montross Upholstery 222-5121 Byrd Center on Laburnm,He does Top quality work ,made all new curtains for my walkarouns ac ouple of years ago,have had many compliments on them.He & co-worker ed will take care of you !!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions! I've used Dennis Parrish for a number of items and he does excellent work. I'm just going to call one or two others to insure the pricing is in line but as long as Dennis isn't significantly higher I'd use him again as the work is always good.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As much as you sleep in yours Jack, you need to have Original Mattress or IKEA make you a custom mattress.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cushions - be smart about it!

I did mine last year. The local boat repair shop wanted an outrageous amount of money. So, I went fabric shopping at a chain fabric store, bought my own foam from a commercial upholsterer who cut it to a shape matching my old ones. I then proceeded to take foam and fabric to an auto body shop which did interiors. they sewed the fabric and made new cushions at a FRACTION of what the boat shop would have charged. I saved 70% of the cost. You can do the same thing, but it depends on what you want: expediency or low cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts