Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Delaware this weekend and have a good deal of frozen cut spot from a week ago. Don't know if I'll fish the jetties or the surf (maybe both) but I'm wondering if this is the kind of bait that'll get me results or if there's something else more productive.

I'll probably just be using top/bottom lures with 3/0 hooks ... someone said sand fleas are good ... anyone who's fished there before around this time of year and can lend some insight?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Striper_Mike, please let me know how you do with either cut or live spot. I will be heading out there Oct 31 - Nov 2 with the old man and will be hitting the IRI hard. If cut does the job, great, if not i will have to rig some type of bucket to keep them alive in the water. Was also thinking live eels which are easier to keep. Would appreciate a read out from your trip. You can always hit me on [email protected] as well.

Regards, Fish n'Chips

·
Registered
143 Posts
Get some finger mullet and throw bluefish rigs in the surf...They get pretty big on South Side.
Good luck and Tight Lines, Ron

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mullet, spot, bunker all work well on the blues, but the fresher the better. If you have a big heaver rig, a fresh Spot head or a cobb Mullet with its tail lopped off on an 8/0 gami circle launched out 100 yards this time of year is striped candy. Hope you crush em. Fishing the surf this time of year is magical.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Anything fresh in the surf. Live spot will be going for like $2 or $3.00 a spot and many people will pay that to live line them over the rips up there. From the surf, just chunk FRESH bait and wait with fish finder rigs and the approriate amount of weight. When fishing the jetty, don't use weight, you will only get hung up. Try drifting sand fleas or even cut bait without any weight near the rocks. Or try plugging with bomber long As after dark. Wear corkers or spikes on your shores, try to get out to the end of the jetty, wear a PFD, water proof clothing etc. There should be some really nice fish showing up off those jetties pretty soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts