Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...A couple of weeks ago, I put a post regarding what would be the best bullet and charge to use in this rifle because I could not get a decent group for the life of me. Well, after alot of different testing and time and thanks to alot of you for your help, the end result with almost rifle-like percision was 100grns loose pyrodex RS and a 295gr powerbelt bullet. I ran a dry brush up and down the barrel after each shoot. It punched a clover leaf at 50 yds and almost the same at 100. I am very pleased with the end result and feel very confident with it come opening day. Just wanted to let everyone know what worked best for me and thank everyone that helped me out.
Chris
CVA Optima, stainless, 26" barrel (1/28") Nikon prostaff 3x9 scope.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm happy to hear you found something that will shoot well from your gun. Being able to hit the mark is the most important part of this. Now that you found a load that works, you should try other bullets with like weights. Once you shoot a few deer with it you'll prefer certain bullets over others. Mine shoots several bullets well, but I've settled on the Barnes Expanders for hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts