Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many have heard or actually post on here, however I just learned of DL Goddard's passing on January 4th. I'm pretty sure Brandon knew him being from the same town. I remember seeing Dennis at the old Fly Fishing Show in Timonium. We traveled to his house in Easton several times in the 90's where he also gave my wife some great fly tying lessons. His flies were works of art, and are highly regarded in books and magazines. I know he tied for Sandy Moret's, The Florida Keys Outfitters in Islamorada, and online fly fishing sites. Tight Lines
http://midcurrent.com/2016/01/06/d-l-goddard-passes/

Capt Frank
Punta Gorda Fl.
http://swfloridaflyfishing.com/

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hey Frank sorry to hear about Dl. He was a good guy. He will be missed. With the fly board dying a slow death, we don't hear about things till well after the fact. I hope things are going well for you and your wife there in fl.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jon, Walt sorry for late reply hope all is well with everyone. I don't get on here much. Norm's been having some medical issues Walt, don't know if you've talked to him lately. Had some great fly fishing tarpon middle of Harbor recently. Wife had serious accident last week, lady ran red light. She had broken heel which needed surgery, broken sternum so she's in a rehab. Anyway guys email me anytime at [email protected].

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope all is well. I lost all contacts and board messages. Don't feel like renewing my account when I'm never on here anymore. Incredible spring fishing this year. Potomac fished well every day in April this year and I think I fished 29 of 30 days. The Susquehanna flats were back to their old glory days of incredible fishing. We hit big fish on top water as early as March 28th!? Had one night on the river that trollers with 50 lines and planer boards couldn't beat with 17 fish over 40", including a 60 plus. Then late April top water party on the flats was the best I've seen in 15 years, even stuck a 49" fish on top. Just last week the Potomac finally settled down after a week plus of high water and was full of white shad?! This late? We caught white shad well on March 25th too. My son had a blast early on the Potomac but didn't like the top water blow ups as much as I did so had to call a flats trip early because of it. Anyway, Ryan is 9 now and enjoys his sports far more than fishing. However, he'll go to make his dad happy. We spend most of our time throwing football or baseball or basketball or wrestling. Even started playing golf.... With a rod hidden in the golf bag of course. One pond was literally every cast. I don't think they have ever seen anything other than a golf ball.

We may head to WV this weekend to intercept the 17 year cicadas, brood V. It should last for another couple weeks. Don't have them here in MD but northern WV, southwest pa and Ohio has them and they are "definingly loud" from what I was told by a few businesses I phoned yesterday. Green drakes have started too. I do very little fly or trout fishing lately but have the urge. Might go hit the sulphurs on the patuxent tonight. It's getting late gotta go.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome Jon, super pics with kids. Darwin said you're the craziest fly guy he ever knew, maybe with exception of me, lol. Anyways I haven't head from Darwin since I left the State, I know he retired several years after I left. Hit me up if you get to SW Fl. You have my email, tight lines.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hey Frank I to took to long to get back. I only get on here once in a while. Like I said, dying board.

I know about Norm, we talk once in a while. Either he calls me or I call him. Also sorry to hear about your wife. Got to watch people at red lights. People think their to important to oh bay the laws now a days. A round here, people run stop signs all the time. You can be doing 50 on a back road and some foul will pass you on the left. Had that happen more then once. I,'ve got to get me a tank, and run over those cars with the drivers in them.

As for fishing man I,'ve gone twice. Once in the winter for pickerel and the other day for a hour for shad in the inlet. None of my boats have moved from the drive way. Hell I still need to regsistored two of them. I also need to get my Md liesince Nj and Va Finn numbers. Been a crazy year so far. I way behind.:oops::eek2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts