Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left norview early and bypassed the birds and dinks at windmill to go north trying for some larger fish. dropped the lines in below 59a and trolled north to a couple miles above the rp. then east to the cut and along the cut heading south. got one 25 at the north end of the cut and a few dinks. never saw so many gill nets. pulled umbrella, tandems and parachutes, all colors at all deoths. poor day catching, but a nice day on the bay(too warm and not enough wind for stripers)

frog

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pretty much followed you around. 59A to cut channel back to Windmill. Did have a friend catch a couple of smalls one above Urbanna on Sat. It will get better. I think a cooler trend in on the way.

·
Registered
395 Posts
We caught about a dozen or so of the dinks at Stingray, but did manage three 18" fish in the mix. Back at the dock several people said we were lucky to find any keepers that close to home today.

·
Registered
512 Posts
1Dixiechick glad to see you all caught some fish felt for you after reading last weeks report. We ran to Stingray off of Frogs earlier report to see if the fish there were on average bigger than the ones at R2 and Windmill. Caught 15 or so pretty quick with 20 and 19 inch keeper before Running to R2 ad catching 6 more keepers(biggest 22"er) out of about 40 or 50 fish by 830am. Decided to go hunting and try and find the bigger fish but couldn't pull that one off. Saw Frog out at cut and hung around there for about and hour fishing eastern side as we had scattered Gannets droping in every now and then but no big fish. Had Sea lice on two fish from R2 and we caught bottom bouncing wire lined bucktails and pulling umbrella rigs up high. Fishing is tough and we felt lucky to boat what we did. Heard one guy say he had a 35 icher but other than that no big fish I heard of. Read the ASA post if the big fish are in Deleware Bay we got 2 or 3 weeks before we will have a chance at them. Guess we will keep battling for those keepers and keep somthing out for bubba just in case until they show up. Doesn't look like were going to get and outstanding run out of MD so I sure hope the Ocean fish make that turn in this year.

Oh forgot to ask what are you all finding in the stomachs of your catch. Like I said last week it was spot and penunt bunker for us. This week it was mantus shrimp or nothing. Exspected to see mantus shrimp as the moon is near full and they come out of the mud at night and the stripers feed on them.

Have a good one

Bobby Jenkins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts