Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left norview 7:30, a littyle bumpy on the way out. birds from stingray to north of windmill. all dinks. caught and released fish all morning and never caught a keeper. only heard of 1 keeper on the vhf. water flattened about noon an i gave up. waiting for a cool spell, hopefully this weekend

frog

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
question???
are the big fish they are catching up the bay in maryland, fish that have summered in maryland or are they fish that have come through the c&d canal. this week i have reard if a half dozen or so fish over 50 lbs caught in the upper bay

frog

·
Registered
64 Posts
Frogboat,

I'm no expert, but I've always heard these fish summered in Maryland waters and started to move south when the water temps cooled up there.

Somebody correct me, but aren't these the fish we normally see in early to mid-November coming down the western side of the bay? And the ocean fish come in the eastern side, move up the bay on that side and then in mid to late December, turn and move back down the western side. At least that seems to be the pattern I've seen.

I'm still lookin' for the magic formula that's says go out at 8:23 for an 8:46 bite that will shut down at 9:37. I'm still doin' it the ole' fashioned way, dawn to dusk, and praying I'm in the right place when it happens. [grin]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I agree Capt Cush - best time to fish is when you can and stay as long as you can and the tide and wind work to your advantage. Nothing beats time on the water to increase the catch. Looking forward to a drop in temp and the convergence of the MD north coming down and the NY / NJ coming in and up big uns at my line.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin][grin]

·
Registered
336 Posts
I believe that some fish do migrate through the C & D canal this time of year; ones that have entered Delaware Bay from the ocean and meander that way searching for food sources. On the other hand there are some bigger fish (the exception, not the rule) that probably do not go out into the ocean and reside all year in the major rivers - nature is something, isn't it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts