Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Im a nutcase on mysteries. Saw the movie Friday, and found it to be a bit confusing. There are a couple of surprises. Unless you read the book you probably are wondering about the "holy grail". Well Im not going to spoil it. The movie is probably based on mostly fiction and little fact. You'll probably figure out what is what. Anyway, having known some info on Knights Templar, seems to suggest the movie was way over it's head on facts. If you plan to see the movie, it might help to read the book first. If you are looking for character development, Dont. The movie seems to be driven by a solutions to puzzles. I really do like Ron Howard movies, this doesnt seem to be one of his best.......

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I you guys are gonna argue about religion I'm gonna pop some popcorn. There's nothing more entertaining than a religion argument. How about going to abortion next!

·
Registered
287 Posts
[Q]BigJim originally wrote:
The book was great. The movie was the poorest I've seen in some time. I was expected much more.

Forestry, I can prove more facts in the Bible than you can prove otherwise and I am a long ways from a fundamentalist. Better stick to what you know.[grin]
[/Q]

Me thinks not Jim, me thinks not

·
Registered
485 Posts
[Q]Forestry originally wrote:
[Q]BigJim originally wrote:
The book was great. The movie was the poorest I've seen in some time. I was expected much more.

Forestry, I can prove more facts in the Bible than you can prove otherwise and I am a long ways from a fundamentalist. Better stick to what you know.[grin]
[/Q]

Me thinks not Jim, me thinks not
[/Q]
Whoooa, looks to me like the gauntlet has been thrown at you feet Big Jim. Where too from here pray tell??????

·
Registered
485 Posts
[Q]Forestry originally wrote:
[q]Where too from here pray tell?????? [/q]

You speaking Ali G again?
[/Q]
If I was bangin ali "g" it would sound dig dis. I can't believe yous is goin to challenge Massiv Jim whun it comes to da lingo in da Bible.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Go for it Forestry.
You tell me all the stuff you can prove is fiction and I will point out all the stuff that has been verified by other historical documents and archeological finds.

There is plenty of fiction there. Much of it the church "historical" will attest to. One needs to remember however that Biblical truth is often not found in the historical. The Bible was never written as a book of history. It is written as a book of faith. Neither you nor anyone else can prove those as fiction. Let's stick to the stuff you can PROVE.

I'll help you out on the first one; the story of Balaam's ass. Now, this story was originally told as humerous fiction. The underlying truth maybe that for many people, they treat God's actions dumber than the ass. I certainly see that all the time and a few times by posters on this board. Is it fiction? Or is it wisdom literature? How did Pilot word it? "What is truth?"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
"What is truth?"

I'm not sure if wiser words have ever been spoken.

To me, "Truth is where you find it". I have no idea who said it first though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
1.2 million men in battle, more than any modern battle in history (by a large margin)

2 Chronicles 13:3 (King James Version)

And Abijah set the battle in array with an army of valiant men of war, even four hundred thousand chosen men: Jeroboam also set the battle in array against him with eight hundred thousand chosen men, being mighty men of valour

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Forestry, Ancient numbers were more a mystical event. A thorough study of ancient numerology would reveal that the numbers you read in your old testament were never intended to be taken literally but were representational. I sometimes teach a class on ancient numerology. The next time its offered I will make it available for you. The same would be true of the 40 years. 40 years represents a full generation which makes the story fit with that portion which has none of the current generation actually making it to the promised land.

btw, they were not always wondering. The story records several battles fought while they were there and a complete worshipping community with laws and a social order designed for nomadic people. Why is it so difficult to believe that nomadic people roamed the earth thousands of years ago? So far you are only offering opinion. No proof. I was at least expected a challenge. I am disappointed in you.

Sluggo, wait your turn. You can have a shot at me next if you wish. Forrestry beat you to this one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
762 Posts
"btw, they were not always wondering"

Interesting typo that reminds me (perhaps appropriately) of an old hymn: "I wonder as I wander out under the sky..." I think that's how the words went.

Maybe not a typo. Wandering leads to wondering, or wondering leads to wandering. Maybe the two are always linked.

Forgive this interjection.

·
Registered
287 Posts
[q] I was at least expected a challenge. I am disappointed in you. [/q]

C'mon Jim your answers are all going to be it was "allegory" and "representational", how am I to present anything that you can't answer in that vein?

Donkeys talked, slugs melted, bats were birds, men lived inside whales, a pair of all the animals on earth were in one boat, the sun went backwards across the sky, women were turned into salt, snakes had legs and talked, theres two varied stories of creation and three of Jesus life, god wrestled with and broke peoples hips, walls fell at the sound of trumpets, bushes burned and talked.

All allegories and representations I'm sure, right?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts