Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Tocherman's today and Tony had the Daiwa Steez baitcaster on a Steez rod and you wouldn't believe what it felt like. It was literally weightless and the reel which only weighs in at 5.5 oz. has got to be the smoothest reel on the market. The combo runs about $850. It really destroys what you think about any other rod and reel set-up that you may have.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother and fellow manly man baitcaster
A bit on the pricey side woundn't you say?? I can snap the rod or lose the combo overboard with a $850 combo just as easy as I,ve done with a $300 combo. So I think I'll pass on this one. But tell me, what color is the rod????? Please don't say it's a pretty shade of green

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graybeard,
The price is out of my league and the color of the combo is all black. I'm telling you once it's in your hands your mind starts thinking crazy things. Like, how can I swing this. It's the manly man's manly combo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to spend your money on a CUSTOM rod that you can personalize and go get a reel that you could actually take out of the safety deposit box and use?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent brothers,
I myself will be scouring the tables at Tri-State looking for something I want, but; don't really need.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Don't forget to stop by the W_A_F table to pick up your tax deduction receipts, at least you might get a 28% break on every dollar you drop there, PLUS save the ahem, cough,

Sales Tax........another 5 % ! ! ! ( I don't believe that you made me say that ? ? )

That's sounding like quite the deal.......marked down / price slashed, and a 33 % more buying power..........remember where you heard it ! ! ! !

Psssst.........don't tell anyone, they might want some too......get yours first ! ! ! ! !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts