Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived Owls Creek to a busy ramp at 0555, I was launched and parked in the
main parking lot by 0625 and 4 miles from Rudee off of Dam Neck by 0700.
There was plenty of bait and a few birds and I had a decent bite for about 45
minutes. I was pulling a chart. strech 30, caught two 26"-30' throw back Rocks.
I was also pulling a 20 oz. Red and white Mojo with a Tomic on a three way Trailing.
I caught two on that and kept 1 that was 34". It was a b-day gift from wavygravy
and it paid off. Thanks Travis. Trolled for another hour and a half with no more hits.
I had several work calls so I went in early at 1030. There was steady flow of boats
coming and going all morning, I am sure it will be crazy tomorrow so I am leaving
from my house and taking the Grady.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on which way to go, we got lucky and got ours as soon as we set out....we then procedded to drill holes on the ocean trying to find some for catch and release.

Danny

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well you did better than us Brian. We saw you out there about the time you were headin in. We were headin out in out little 19ft KenCraft CC. Only stayed out for about 1 1/2 and headed back in. Didn't catch a lick, but like you said there were pleanty of marks showing up on the screen.

And about Owls Creek being busy. That place was down right crazy. Good thing my aunt lives right there in Crotan. Just parked the trailor there, and had her drop me back off to the boat... See you out there again soon.

-Randy
"A Crook's Life"

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
fine job brian.

·
Registered
276 Posts
glad you got into them. we were out there all moring and only had one knock down going to try it tommrow and hope for it to be better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I saw the jet ski out there. You came right by us a couple of times. We had good marks all morning but ended up only catching a 39 inch and a 26. We lost one nice fish that straightened a hook on a tomic though. All in all a slow day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts