Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed by the storage yard alongside route 13 in Kiptopeake this weekend and noticed a center console boat with a bimini top that had a tarp draped over it. I wish I could tell the owner how he is probably causing numerous holes to be rubbed in the fabric of his bimini top. I doubt that he will read this note and, if he does, he probably will give little heed to my advice here, but when he removes the tarp, he will wish he had not placed it over his other canvas. Every canvas shop owner does business every year repairing canvas covers that have been covered by other covers. The damage is particularly bad if the cover underneath is made of Sunbrella. If you have covered your boat this way for the winter, you should check to be sure that the cover underneath is not being chafed at the points where it touches the cover on top. A word to the wise.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I've seen it plenty of times. People don't realize that the winter winds will make a mess of anything the cover rubs against. I make a pvc frame for mine that's simple to remove since I boat year round. Plus, bimini's can't take the weight of a good snow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.