Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever tried that? My uncle has, drew a lottery, shot a nice mixed bag, got checked @ noon and was asked to leave because he did not have proof of completed hunter safety course. Any experience on this? Can't find info on vdgif. I think there is Va. public hunting there but I can't get the straight sh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually was looking around on the new Find Game program on the DGIF's website and saw Dameron Marsh. It's run by the DCR and they do a lottery in Sept. It's a separate lottery from the DGIF lottery hunts. Maybe next year I guess.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where else can you hunt around the Va beach area. I tried ragged island and some quite a few birds but it was my first time hunting where there is sea ducks so I was a little hesitant. tons of snipe in that area but again ignorance of the species kept the finger off of the trigger. Been trying to hook up with someone who knows whats open and where without having to go through the whole lottery process.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where else can you hunt around the Va beach area. I tried ragged island and some quite a few birds but it was my first time hunting where there is sea ducks so I was a little hesitant. tons of snipe in that area but again ignorance of the species kept the finger off of the trigger. Been trying to hook up with someone who knows whats open and where without having to go through the whole lottery process.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in the Richmond area so I don't hunt around Virginia Beach much. I was talking to a very reliable source the other day that said he had been doing well at some of the boat blind stakes in the back bay. I don't know which ones. I guess it would take a little scouting. Check out the FInd Game program on the DGIF's website. You can type in a species and/or area and it will give you information and directions to all the public spots in the area. Of course some of them are lotteries.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Its pretty cool down there. You have a lottery system which you apply for and a daily lottery. If it gets cold it get good. It is a real good idea to check it out first and you must have a boat blind lic.

·
Registered
306 Posts
T,

Glad to see that you finally signed up. I am most likely heading down adn hunting in Gloucester on Saturday. I still haven't had a chance to get that new boat tire. I will get it done on Saturday when I get back. Let me know how you do on Saturday.

Ed

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So rough in that area. My 16' jon is scary when you cross or chase crips in Ingram Bay. Looks like good shelter marsh in hard wx. Lots of geeses in that area. Saw some today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts