Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, ac, i liked your intel better. right now, they're saying 58 degrees for a high, with partly cloudy skies and winds from wnw at 13. dang... hey, at least there's only a 20% chance of rain.

let's all say our prayers for the winds to drop out.:amen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good news, guys. they've changed the forecast. now, we're expecting 19 mph from wnw (almost up to our normal bash standards, farmer). but it's gonna be 61 instead of 58.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if they're calling for 19 mph it will blow 25mph.
dang, i hope not! will call for some strategy changes. no trolling in that kind of wind. maybe anchor and hit brush piles? not sure, though. if it's sunny and warmish, they'll move to the flats, i suppose. the hard part is going to be figuring out how to troll over them slowly enough...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
I wont make this one but for ya alls sake I hope what I just saw on Weatherbug is for here and not Kerr on Sat., says winds with gusts to 35 mph Sat. afternoon, 15-20 in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
National Weather Service is predicting sunny with a high of 62 and west winds 9-12 increasing to between 18-21 with gust up to 34. I wonder what time the winds are going to pick up. I typically don't make the 150 mile trip when the winds are going to be this high. I have to think this one over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
...or they may never develope, as with most "weather predictions". I almost never cancel a fishin trip due to a weather report. sat home too many days when whatever i feared did not happen. go fishin! if it gets too cold, rainy or windy , go home! or seek shelter til it passes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
some of my best days on kerr was when the winds were blowing a gale. biggest problem is choosing a ramp. i think there are a few on the lake. see ya saturday. i let you guys know how we fair friday. tite lines JIM.B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
some of my best days on kerr was when the winds were blowing a gale. biggest problem is choosing a ramp. i think there are a few on the lake. see ya saturday. i let you guys know how we fair friday. tite lines JIM.B
:yes::thumbup: Bing go jim.b on the problem being the ramp. Heaven knows gust of 35mph out of the west the last place I want to be to try to load my boat on the trailer is Eastland creek ramp.doh:eek2: You might as well pull the plug out in the middle of the lake and let it go down without all the beating of the waves.doh:52::52: Tap, it might be alot easier to launch at Rudds and make the run down Butchers and over to Eastland.:fishing2::cool2::rockingman2::rockingman2::argue:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top