Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS anyone else having troubles checking and posting tonight? Last couple of days I keep getting data base error messages?

ANother question? anyone besides me think there are fewer posting on the new board? or maybe I am not smoking the right stuff lately.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
I've been getting the same thing lately, comes and goes.

About the posting, it's just slow.......... when the weather is good, I think there are lots of good posts. I think Brandon said the membership is higher now than on the old site......... I'm used to the change and like it. BUT, I do wish that we had a REPORT button and something on the thread that notifies of pictures being posted. But all in all, it's still pretty good.:D

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
We are working on a few things tonight. Trying to fix some database connections to be a little bit better at closing. We are seeing some open connections which has been slowing the site down a bit and we are trying to correct the problem. Sorry for the geek talk.

In short, you might get these errors off and on for a day or so. Usually happens when we make a change, upload it and have to restart the servers.

Thanks for your patience.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Thanks for keeping it running Brandon. Until it crashed for a day and a half I didnt know how addicted to Tidal Fish I was. All day running to the computer "Is it up yet?". When you cant go fishing this is the next closest thing!!! Thanks martin

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Thanks Martin,

I try, last weeks glitch should not happen again. I will have to get another server for the site soon even after the two nice ones we just got. Seems the site keeps growing larger every day. Hopefully if people see value in the site they will sign up as subscribers so we can keep adding new servers to keep things humming :)

Brandon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts