Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops forgot to type something...Found a baby sitter for my 1 year old and took the wife,my son, and my 6 year old daughter..Decided to take them to the sound for some swimming and crabbing....Started with the swimming after a few minutes couldn't take it so me and my son grabbed the rods.Him with a baby rattle trap and me with a twister tail grub..We caUGHT STRIPERS ALMOST EVERY CAST FOR ABOUT AN HOUR....My daughter Jamie got to catch 2 all by herself...The bite slowed just a little so I asked her if she was ready to go crabbing...she said yes..
So we psitioned the boat where J.R. and I could fish and they could crab...Lines in fish started biting two at a time...
With some really nice white perch about every other hook up...She was mad because she couldn't put her rod down long enough to do anything else...[grin] My wife said dammit I wish they would let it hit the bottom atleast...Me and my son baiting and un-hooking fish...My daughter said wow daddy look at that pretty sunset...I had to real my rod in and set it down and say wow that is really pretty girl......

With fading light we had to real them in and my daughter hugged me and said daddy I had fun today....

SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO STOP AND WATCH THE SUNSET ........LIFE IS GOOD....

We probably caught a 100 or more white perch kept 10 nice ones for the babbysitter....My wife caught the biggest striper around 20 inches
she is still mad about throwing it back [grin]....

again I say life is good....

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
That sounds like a great day on the water with the family Richard, thanks for sharing your day. It sounds like your bring your son up the right way, baiting and unhooking little sis's rod now that's love. [angel]

·
Registered
177 Posts
if we could only give every child in America one chance to enjoy the fishing/outdoor experience, oh, what a wonderful place this would be! I take my 4 and 9 year old daughters every chance I get. They actually ask me to take them! The older one helps me tag a lot of fish. she was catching so many at OI on vacation, she could tell me what kind of fish was on before we could see it! "It's a big spot!" or "I think it's a black drum!" or " Gotta be a spadefish - he's going crazy!" "hey - feels like a small flounder" sometimes - " Just a little ol' black seabass.." -she was usually right on the money.
everyone do themselves and the world a favor and take a child on the fishing experience. You won't regret it! Remember - these children will one day be the rulers of the world that we older people will still be living in.....[wink]
T

·
Registered
136 Posts
Funny for a long time I was very jaded in my fishing,big drum rockfish,flounder,seatrout........my godchildren were a reminder to me how much of a thrill it is to watch them catch a fish,any fish. At this point(13) my big shoulders godson,wants big fish. Iv'e still got my godaughter(11) to squeal & smile that big smile with a big spot or hardhead.
Wes

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Richard, sorry we didn't get to hook up when I was in Hatteras in June, but just wanted to say thanks for the advice. We trolled from the tower to the Empire Gem on that wednesday and caught 7 bailer dolphin. I did not think that was bad for my first time EVER seeing blue water. Thanks again and weather permitting, we will be back down at Teachs on Labor Day weekend, and maybe get a chance to do some fishing.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Richard,

Great report. I get down to Nags Head 2-3 times a year but have never fished for white perch in that area. Where were you fishing (don't need exact location)? I love light tackle fishing for perch!

Thanks!

Ernie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts