Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my buddy Doug "Dawg Box" Lutterloh he was knee deep in a swamp in New Kent lookin at his bow kill from last night a right nice 8 pointer. So if ya know Doug tell him congrats he says it is his best bow kill. Now he has his work cut out for him the deer is plenty deep in the woods, too bad I'm at work or I'd be there draggin with him. Well got to wait to the 4th of November when my vacation starts....a whole week of blackpowder huntin....I CAN"T WAIT !!!! [excited][excited]

·
Registered
887 Posts
That's good! Some of those swamps are hard enough to walk in without 150 pounds of deer to haul. One of those plastic sled like deer drags would work good in that situation or tie it to a pole with a man on each end.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bet, we have some big swamps in Surry as well, I remember as a kid shooting a doe on the other side of the channel from me and having to go swimming for her....lesson learned. I had a nice doe a few years ago steaming the same direction and i did not want her to make it across so I melted the barrel on the shotgun to get her down....no more swimmin unless it's the BIGGIN...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts