Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fishing2: Double-checked the WX report before leaving OV and headed to the Ramada for a look-see before launching the big girl. Not looking too bad. Forecast was WSW 15-20, but never turned out like that for those that wondered and stayed inland.

Anyway, Dan, John & myself headed out of LMC and rounded the corner heading to the Cape. Very quiet, a few tidbits on the VHF about nice bait marks. Lines in just on the southerly side heading toward the green can & toward the Ramada putting out the usual spread for the striped ones including: daisy chain repete w/ mojo; two 6" storms on the surface, the chartreuse umbrella, mojo w/ storm trailer, and John's multi-faceted umbrella rig that had every gadget you could think of on it, which BTW was the only thing that had a fish on it aside from the knockdown on the daisy chain.

We Pulled from 9-2:30 enjoying some great camaraderie, an occasional spary of salt water on the windshield. Water temps 41-43.5*.

Back @ the barn by 3:30 for washdown.

Maybe next time I hope. :yawn:
Evan.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Evan,

Great day for a boat ride. I thought about making a tog attempt on Saturday since it was so nice out, but could not find any blue crab, then was informed the crab season is closed until 17 March. I know clam works for tog but by the time I figured out there were no crab, I bagged the trip. Get em nextime.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kudos Dennis.

Mike~you just never know about bait. I had hoped to go on Saturday, but my usuals had made other plans so we went to Williamsburg and walked around. The WX folks got it backwards yesterday; the ride out was nice @ 25 kts, but the only 25 kts we encountered coming back were the stiff N/NW winds which make the bay choppy. We made it in w/o incident, but quite a bit more spray to wash off the hog!!

BTW Mike, the carb for the GENSET should be in tomorrow, so I'll be ready for throwing some heat should we get a chance @ the Swords before it's time for tuners ;-)))

Evan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts