Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fishing the last 3 days our spoon supply needed replenishing. Neither Tyler's or J. J.'s (Tri State) had any No. 1 Drones. I'd read alot about Marty's in Edgewater on this board so this morning off we went to Marty's. They had everything I needed, plus a TF discount. :thumbup: Met and talked to Shawn and Jim. Great place, nice people.

We left out of Rockhold Creek about 1, she was flat cam.
Ran over by the Fish Reef Bouy, 32', again, and put out our stuff.
Each day the fish seem to be getting bigger.
Again the hot lick was the Chartrusse spoon umbrella, although Red Hose's did well.
We trolled from 32' out to the 45-50' range and back. We never hit a long dry spot.

When we got back to the dock, I said well tommorrow looks doable, want to try for Day 5, and both of my HO's (Dan & Mary) said no way they were worn out.
They did let me wind one in, an Umbrella rig with 24 oz. and 2 blues on. Yes I was feeling their pain.

Another Great Day.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,252 Posts
Old Bird, I bet your smoker is ready to melt! I know mine is. Jim and Sean are great guys at Marty's and listen to fishermen about what they want and stock it. First class shop.......Gary

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, Mike , they are on old Garcia Mitchell Conlan's,
rehabbed by Joe Cox:thumbup:

Gary. it's melting and I'm running out of Apple wood.

TFTR ???

Kim and TJ, Glad you enjoy them, I always love Pictures too

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the report!

Will be going out this weekend in that area...kinda surprised to see the the bigger blues still around this time of year, but I'll take 'em :D mmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Old Bird,
It was nice meeting you and Miss Mary. Them Pics look like a great day on the water, I wish I was with y'all.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Hey! TF discount!?!? Maybe five, six trips to Marty's and haven't heard of the discount. Is there a secret handshake as well?

-JB

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
You just have to go in-introduce yourself and tell Jim,Sean or Liz you are a Tf member - that's it :yes:.

Some nice size Blues :clap: - hardcore with two on one rig :thumbup:.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Old bird, this past week has been one of the best, I would have responded sooner,
But my arms were to wore out to type. I did not notice that can of Whoop-A*s in the cooler till after I finished it, but that “Fish till it hurts” sticker from Marty’s was dead on .
Four straight days of targeting, and slaying blues, here are a couple of things to look for.

Both your Ho’s have five of the six lines in the boat, and it takes them longer then fifteen minutes to get them back out, cause they are searching for the slightest nick, kink or tangle, before resetting.
Yes, we know, you were already turned and heading back on them.

Both your Ho’s are spending quality time up front with you, helping you find the next good area to hit,
and have not looked at the rods in five minutes. OK, I admit, I locked down the drags to keep the clickers from going off. Maybe they would have, if two 48 inch rock were on at one time.

I was so happy when Mary say’s,” Larry“, its your turn to reel one in, I know you said trolling for blues at 3.5-4.2knots was perfect, but I swear, after Mary said your turn, I almost fell forward while loosening up the drags, felt like we were going 2 knots when your fish hit, your right, we must have been going into the current, but I did not know you had a double on, you did a outstanding job in getting it close to the boat,
I thought I heard you mumbling-WOW, hahahha-WOW- slow down- wow-reverse, hit reverse? Had me cracking up,.

Guess I was tired when you asked , want to make it five days in a row, and I responded, I hope it snows.
I was surprised to hear Mary say it’s supposed to blow, it turned out to be nice yesterday.
Man, them Blues are a blast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts