Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Saturday and Sunday in a lot of different places including the walls around Lewes, Hen & Chicken, The "8's", and 20 ft slough. Caught as many 18"-22" fish as we wanted, but nothing huge. My brother-in-law had a nice run-off that took an eel at Hen & Chicken but his line broke. Heard a few larger fish being caught on Bunker but seemed spotty. Many of the locals still think the water is a little too warm for Stripers to be there in numbers. Water temps were around 57.
I'll try again next weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Croix Boy:

Fished up further north in the bay (near Miah Maul Light) on Saturday, only stripers were NJ "slot" keepers at 24" and 25". Also had some bite offs on big blues, some large croakers, oh and nearly a dozen good size crabs that were chewing on my bait (fresh bunker).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think it water temps too. This weather is just amazing. I'm looking for 52-54 water temps for things to really heat up. BUT I could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Caught a 16 pounder at overfalls saturday on an eel. Left the lewes at 6:45 am. The ramp was swamped it took 'bout a half hour in line to launch. caught only sharks until about 9:30 when the fish hit. anyway ate him with my family that night, Im goin back this weekend, and I will be at the same spot.

By the way I fished hen and chicken last year several times and had good luck on the wreck on the beach side. Though I never caught any real big fish here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fished middle DE bay (Miah Maull to Crossledge) six of last eight days. Only four striper keepers, largest 37". Lots of small stripers in the area (probably threw back somewhere around 70 total.) Lots of big croakers still out there. Also lots of skates and thorndog sharks (most around three foot.) Used eels and bunker. Also caught couple small stripers throwing gummy shad artificial. Hope the big run comes through soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This weather should bring down the water temps some. Hopeing that sets things on fire down there this weekend. Temps are still 59 at Cape May. Thats unheard of this time of year.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
If it's gonna happen,it should happen soon.Hope it's a good run,even if it's short but sweet.Thanksgiving til New Years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts