Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished HRBT last night on the incoming and all the kids in the boat caught their first rockfish. We had our limit at 8pm. Went to start the motor. NOTHING. No juice. Many, many thanks to the guys achored beside us. They were 1 fish shy of their limit and gave us a tow. I forget your names, but thank you and Happy New Year.
Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
I carry one of those jumpstart rechargeable battery do dads. It will crank it up when you are low. I know! It will crank my 5.7 liter Mercruiser up. I can also use it for my hand held spot light and any other 12 volt powered equipment. Mine has a power outlet (cigarette lighter recepticle) on it. Best $60-70 insurance I have taken out.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Cocktail, where were you at the HRBT? Last couple of times I was in there it was a deadzone from over the tube all the way to the shore at Willoughby spit. Just curious what you were doing (casting jigs, live bait....etc?) and what size the fish were. Glad you got back safe and sound, especially with those kids!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were on the Fort Story side about 8-10 light poles from the tube. We were casting into the light line with 6 inch storms and broken back rapalas all with bunker patterns on them.
Cocktail

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
We were on the Fort Story side about 8-10 light poles from the tube. Cocktail
I've never fished the HRBT, but I thought Ft. Story was a bit far from there, out at the NE section of VaBch (i.e. Cape Henry). :))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts