Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
That will not solve anything. The dead fish/crabs had to do with water quality not from catching/fishing. They should close it on those days the recommend not fishing for them when the oxygen levels are low. That will cover most of the summer 90 + degree days.
That's what I implied? If that didn't work, make the closure longer .The same thing for the same reason ? They won't close it on a day to day basis like you suggest.and some others may agree with. Fshermen plan their trips in advance and don't want to be cancelled at the last moment ,plus Charter Captains would never agree to it either. I doubt that would go into the regulation. As fof now they recommend not fishing on those days and yes the death rate does go up with C&R during the warm water period.They coincide together It's two fold.It wouldn't go over well if. It were to hot to fish every Sat/Sun . Closing the season from a date to date would be more popular .

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
I always wondered why we didn't have white bass in the Bay? They are jumbo white perch.My son tells me that the Striped Bass in Lake Lanier ate them up after Stripers were introduced .Maybe the same would happen to Wipers in the Bay?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts