Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the forsythia are blooming then we all know it's time to visit our favorite fishin' hole of which we don't speak :eek:

Except for me.

#1 Daughter is harvesting my funds slowly via Va Tech, and now my son who fully expects to play pro baseball wants to play travel in addition to rec ball.... someone please smack me, Saturday AND Sunday, am I nuts or what ! Why can't he play Dungeons and Dragons online like the other kids!

When I was a kid..... oh never mind.... :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Do I detect crying?

Is that crying?

There's no crying in fishing...

Besides, Graymug has the syndicated rights to all crying on this board...

·
Registered
747 Posts
I never fish on opening day...because opening day is on a Saturday, and my boy's baseball games are on Saturday, and....

...please leave some for Sunday!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know how you feel. My son is playing flag football and coach pitch baseball. My daughter is on a select lax team that they are talking about playing 46 games not to mention the fact the she is playing county softball as well. Every day there is something and the practices start at 5 and there is a game today starting at 4:30. Don't these people work???????

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
4 nephews and a grandson all playing ball :yes: .

Spread out form over on the eastern shore to over here, north and south too.

One playing right now for the Chopticon (Cow Patty High) Braves, will go right from school ball into the Waldorf Extreme travel team. Yer talking a complete weekend of ball here. I have one brother that's at a ball field just about every day of his life.

Good news is, none of our kids are into drugs. They don't have time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I Know what you mean. I used to manage a 16 - 18 traveling team. It was a four day a week job and the weekends were out. If you got into any of the tournaments your whole spring and most of your summer was gone.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
hey dash, your lucky both kids apparently doing well. your son is playing ball, not watching tv, learning sportsmanship, and not on drugs. you got nothin' to complain about, congratulations.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know what you mean.2 boys lax,football,karate.Little time for fishing.My wife and I are the type of parents who stay at the practices and games.We donot drop and run.Problem is when fishing and the kid is playing a game I am calling evry 10 minutes for an up date.
Keep them off the play station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
Be lucky your kid doesn't play on two Ice Hockey teams, and one travel baseball squad. But like someone else said ... it's all good because he's too busy to do drugs.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent brother and esteemed fellow parker owner:
let us ignore the unpleasentness know as Crumbucket :yawn: But I feel your pain. #1 daughter is at the U of M, but; lucky for me she seems to be on the 4 year plan :clapping2: But #2 son Bludworm is already playing baseball and wants to try out for the special tournament team this Sunday. I was thinking of a Rips Trip, but; practice, tryouts and games not to mention tuition money cutting into my gas, Yamalube and BKD money and SWMBO :nono: has me seeking a higher power

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Hey Chum,
What are you doing up this time of day??? I see you still have that rapier like wit we all know and love. Kudos to you for something other then your typical crappy one liner posts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
4-kids 1 in collage, 1 in HS 2- elem, all play sports, wife works FT, own my business, mom just died, brain tumor year ago, 3 surgeries, deaf now but alive. Life is great, SPRING IS HERE. 28"-35" & 41"> God I love fishing. Count your blessings and thank god for what you have. Just a thought not a sermon.
GR

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Hey Chum,
What are you doing up this time of day??? I see you still have that rapier like wit we all know and love. Kudos to you for something other then your typical crappy one liner posts.
I just want to be here for you, John. I feel your pain, big guy...It's just the kind of giving, loving, caring person I am, John, but you already knew that...

So didn't any of you guys teach your kids how to fish?

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Been there and done that. The last two years of high school baseball my son played over 100 games a year. He is my last and is at UM. I have found that there really is a spring fishing season and that fish don't just bite on Sunday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Been thru that part of my life with a son and daughter. It's been over for about 13 years. Now that I look back it was the best part of my life. Give anything to go back. Just hope I live long enough to go thru it with grandkids.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
spanky... i agree with you . best years of my life when son was playing football and baseball, aboput 14 years ago and, like you, hoping that i live long enuff to see grandsons playing, too.. miss it big time!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts