Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished with the rest of the fleet at Plantation Light last Saturday. We dropped lines around 0800 and hooked into a 41 inch fish before the rest of the lines were set. Unfortunately, that was our only fish (and bite) for the rest of the day. Water temp was around 44 degrees. We did see a few smaller fish caught on the troll but, overall I don't think many fish were caught in the area.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Slow to say the least! We were trolling the same area saturday (9:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m.) and managed 3 from 21" to 25". All were caught on chartreuse and all were caught during a 12 minute flurry! (2:24 to 2:36 p.m.) Saw a couple big ones caught on eels but we couldn't buy one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was out there from 1PM to 10PM Saturday. Had 7 eels at various depths and nadda. Could see fish on the screen, but they all had lockjaw. Glad someone caught something!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah we were marking lots of fish too. I think this cold weather might have ended it for the bay already.

·
Registered
38 Posts
we fished PLantation and 18 all sat and sunday. saw lots of bait and good marks but could not get a run of to save our life, we didnt even see a fish get caught...fish went lock jaw from cold...i just hope they stay in the bay for alittle bit long for one more shot at a cow this year...or its back to the DE bay to try for me

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well good on you. We fished for probably 16 hours between Friday & Saturday and never even got so much as a tug or a bobber dip. Even the dogfish had lockjaw!
We were between the bridge and 3 mile mark on Friday and just south of plantation light on Sat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We fished the CBBT first island. Caught 1 26 inch on the third cast around 7:00 am. That was it for the rest of the day. Nothing

·
Registered
355 Posts
a friend of mine caught a 44 incher around 8am saturday but didn't see anyone else catch anything all day. he was with the plantation fleet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts