Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Solomans at around 6:15am went 2.5 hrs of running to Below Smith Pt Light.Good move we caught pretty steadly for a couple of hours.Caught just over 20 rock.Got our limit of overs and 1 under.The lone female I think ,Angie,caught 2 at the same time.Great crew,captain mate, all tidalfish members.Weather turned out great.left them biting.Capt Andrew,Capt Greg and the party a big thankyou for a great day.If I figure out how to post pics I will

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spynet I may have a little problem with the group photo.She is holding a small fish.:D:clap:Was she helping you out.:D:D

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks for taking the time in posting your report and pix. Been wondering how far south the fish have moved with this cold snap.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Nice fish Guys (and "Angie" :yes:):thumbup:

Dave, thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress, wish we could have made the run that far south, sounds like you guys slayed them! Cold day out there on the water!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Dave.............you are going to be in BIG trouble when Andrea finds out that you are dating her twin sister "Angie":D Nice fish...............Greg and Andrew definately go above and beyond to find the fish.................2.5 hour run........looks like it was well worth it...........Mark

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nice day guys, I found out monday evening that Greg was having trouble getting a full crew together for the trip. I had a few guys going with me and knew the weather was going to be a bit chilly. so I called Greg and after a quick conversation we decided to try to get both parties together on the Fin Finder. So I put in a call to the guys that were going with me and explained the situation. they were quick to say "lets go with the heated cabin", so thats what we did. I had them meet at the boat at 6 and we went from there. it was A LOT of looking to find some good fishing. Im glad every one had a good day. Thanks again to Capt. Greg for working with me on this one. And of course, a BIG thanks to Capt. Andrew for working hard to get on the fish. I gotta say though, I enjoy being the captain more then the mate, but Andrew and I get along very good so it makes for a nice day of fishing either way. Good job guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great day for me guys and thanks to the tidalfish community for hooking me up with Capt's Greg, Andrew and Kyle -- not only did I catch my personal best fish but they also took the time to teach me a bit about trolling so I can be more successful on my own boat.

I do have to say that a heated cabin on a 46' boat sure beats by 24' center console in late December. I have to admit this trip made me wonder why I even bother to go out on my boat in December ;-).

·
Registered
611 Posts
Don, called to check on you yesterday, but your phone probably doesn't work that far south! Glad you finally hooked up with Greg and Andrew...

Joe

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Good fish! Sorry I could not come.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great job guys...Captain's Greg and Andrew are truly excellent fishermen, I've mated numerous times for both of them. No offense to Captain Kyle as I really don't know him. They will definitely do what it takes to catch fish for their parties. I stopped posting some time ago and honestly I really don't post reports, BUT, for the sake of the fishermen in the midbay trying to figure out where to fish now after the cold snap...

I fished a "fun" trip on my friends wooden deadrise yesterday as well. His boat, my spread. We went right out front to the HI buoy. No electronics, we had three fish with lines in the water from 9:30-1:30. I didn't run my normal spread of boat rods and planar rods. I was doing a little experimentation with trolling eels on a few boat rods. Two fish off the boards, one off a deep boat rod, the "pink lady" (all bubble gum shads and pink ruby lips 8 oz bait umbrella). No takers on the eels, although they swam beautifully. One of the planar fish was covered in healed sores and sea lice, back in the water it went. There was one other boat in the area, a C-Hawk. I wonder if they were Tf'ers and how they did...
-Joe C, not Joe H!

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
Was hoping you guys got into them - congrats on a great trip :clapping2:. Andrea is a good luck charm :yes: - you best hold onto her Dave ;-).

·
Registered
954 Posts
Good trip, glad to hear you guys found them. Did you see any bird action?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
There were a few gannets diving but nothing major. There were a ton of drift nets with a lot of fish caught in them though. The birds were hanging around the nets.

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Hello from Vermont

I arrived in Vermont a few hours ago to spend Christmas week with my girlfriends family. Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and make sure those involved/interested know that the FIN FINDER is now fishing from Point Lookout Marina. This will make for a shorter run to the fish.

Also, I believe the party Capt. Andrew has for Monday the 29th may need another person or two. Also I am now going to make Wednesday December 31st a walk on date. So if there is enough interest we Andrew will make it happen. If you are interested in Monday the 29th or Wednesday the 31st please call Capt. Andrew @ (240) 925-2848.

Thanks,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great day, Great guys, Great boat

Guys, this is ANDREA (not Angie) Unfortunately, I don't have a twin sister.
I had a great time yesterday and my family is looking forward to a nice Christmas dinner with the fish we caught! We even stopped by Bunky's on the way home for some oysters!

Reeling in the double wasn't such a difficult task, but I owe it all to Kyle for doing all the work helping me out- Kyle I hope your shoulder isnt' hurting you too badly!

Captain Andrew- thanks for putting us on the fish! :clap:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts