Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the run from the Perrin Creek on the York River to Kiptopeke in a record 33 minutes. It was a dead calm flat water skiing kind of Bay! Bad omen as I seem to have better luck on bumpy bay days.

Lots of folks fishing yesterday. I guess around a 100 or so fishing the area of the concrete ships. Captain Gray Milone puts me on a nice spot and we immediately picked up a nice citation fish on a free swimming eel. The tide went flat for four hours. When it started to run again at 2:30 PM, we couldn't find any fish to speak of on the sonar or bait. Earlier when the tide was flat, we marked big fish and bait everywhere. We fished until dusk and headed back aross the Bay making the trip in record time once again. I believe it was even flatter on the way in.

Anyway, one nice fish and that was it for us. When I cleaned her last night her belly had a few small 3 inch baitfish in her and half a dozen eels!

I hope to go on Tuesday one last time.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a 6 foot 230 pounder holding a four foot 46 pounder.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice fish!! If youre gonna catch one thats the kind ya want!!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
ditto robert.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice Fish-Congrats on Citations

Ditto what Robert said & what Tony ditto'd! Thanks for the report & pic! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got to see this fish at the dock, a very very nice fish. We only managed one just under the slot. Also thanks for the tips. I'll try to put them to use this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts