Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that the next few days was gonna be a bust, so decided to go early today.
Played with a few birds outa the west rv, then cruised over to 86. ran into Phil K and we caught some decent ones on lite tackle, also some undersized.

Spent the next 3-4 hrs playing around mouth of ebay on birds and smallies, with a few keepers.

disappointed with the afternoon, thought it would get good again, but never did.

Although the radio sounded like 86 area was getting hot for the trollers.
I was already back to the other side by then.
Saw and talked to 1/2 dz or so tf'ers.
Heard several rumors that the mouth of chop was hot, but too far away for me.

Pretty good day overall.
have to wait til next week now, with this wind.
See ya next week.
:D

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Sounds like a nice day Ron. Much better than mine at work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds like you made out alright. At least you made it out today considering this weekend looks like its going to be a bust.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Heard some talk of trollers from 86-88 getting into some afternoon action. Couple of guys were going back and forth about all the bait in the water and the nice marks but there didn't seem to be many taken on the troll today. Did hear one guy getting a rock close to 50". One fish is all it takes to make a slow day one to remember. Heard you on the radio, sounded like you were tired!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. :D

Jack - prob keep at fh thru the winter again this yr. so, when you want to go, let me know.
have to bum rides to cbbt.

Good seeing you Phil (been a long time) and thanks for the calls.

Jimmy - hope you guys got some decent ones. I was disappointed in the afternoon. sounded like up by 86-88 and down the chop was the bite.

See ya all out there, if the wind stops next week.
:D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hi, Ron; good talking to and seeing you yesterday. After I called you from around Tilghman Point, where I was catching a bunch of fish on crease flies (all sub-keepers), I went back out and the fish were where you and I found them in the morning, ripping incoming current; but smaller than in the morning. I ran back as it got dark, saw my first gannet of the season.

FF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts