Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers
I just got back from the doctors, where I had the (this may be a bit unpleasant) glove test done. :eek: And to get that unpleasant memory out of my mind I started thinking about my Deep Drop trip on the JillCarri with 15 other stout and hardy TF brethern. I think I know what to bring, but; without a list I'll certainly forget something important. So with the help of my fellow TF brothers, I need to put together a list of "Must Brings" (besides rods, reels & weather gear) for the Deep Drop trip. What sayith the manly men of the TF message board??

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
In addition to bringing way too many rods ,reels and tackle I'm bringing lots of good food a big cooler for fish and plenty of drinks. Maybe some of those pocket hand and foot warmers, a golden rule measuring stick, few pairs of pliars, small first-aid kit, sunglasses, extra boots, camera, video camera, hand sanitizer, 600 hooks, about 30 pretied rigs, lead, and my Dexter fillet knives.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eminent Brother,
I was wondering about bringing a cooler on the boat and fileting fish during the trip back. I was also thinking about putting my fish in one of those BIG dry bags and stow it in the deck cooler on the JillCarri. I got a Kershaw filet knife as a present and this would be a good time to try it out. Some hand sanitizer is a real good idea so I think a trip to the dollar store is in order. Does CaptCroakerhead supply lead and rigs or are we on our own for that stuff?? I tied 2 rigs with 6/0 hooks, but; they look weak.

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Does it make anyone else nervous to see the following 5 things in the same sentence and train of thought pattern from Graybeard?
(1)"glove test"
(2)"Deep Drop trip on the JillCarri"
(3) "with 15 other stout and hardy TF brethern"
(4) "Kershaw filet knife"
(5) "hand sanitizer"

Next thing he's gonna tell us is that he's driving down to VA Beach with an adult diaper on so he doesn't have to stop and pee...

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Does it make anyone else nervous to see the following 5 things in the same sentence and train of thought pattern from Graybeard?
(1)"glove test"
(2)"Deep Drop trip on the JillCarri"
(3) "with 15 other stout and hardy TF brethern"
(4) "Kershaw filet knife"
(5) "hand sanitizer"

Next thing he's gonna tell us is that he's driving down to VA Beach with an adult diaper on so he doesn't have to stop and pee...
If you ask nice I bet he'll show you his scar...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I fish 18hr trips out of Brielle, NJ all winter long and a must with me is a sleeping bag and pillow. Just find a good place on the floor were you won't get stepped on. I have a trip with Capt Jim on 2-18 that cant get here soon enough.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
How long is a 5lb. seabass? I was thinking 21-22 inches?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanx for the visual guys, ! think I will go eat dinner now:) . Dont forget the fighting belt, call me wussy, call me sissy but dont call me stupid !!! Are you dressing "gucci"? you know grundens and them north carolina wedding shoes, costa delmars and one of those pastel big game fishin shirts?- Im trying to figure out the dress of the day myself. No not that kind of dress either. :D I will be taking nortes and Im also wondering about the cooler deal.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Thanks for thr reminder, definitely bringing my small dolphin belt and I've got a big rubber bulb that goe son the end of a fishing rod. That might be good enough.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Thanks for thr reminder, definitely bringing my small dolphin belt and I've got a big rubber bulb that goe son the end of a fishing rod. That might be good enough.
Can someone please video this trip for me. I can use the $10,000 from that TV show!:D

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
What do you think I'm bringing my vid camera for?

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eminent Brother,
Please don't remind me. To make matters worse, the doctor had to apologize for pushing so hard and taking so long because he has short fingers. I sure hope Flowmax works or CaptJim can look forward to some yellow stains on the deck:D

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
"Hey Doc, are both your hands on my shoulders?"

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eminent Brother,
Now you got me wondering???? Best I go back to thinking about deep.....strike that thought.....fishing in the ocean

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
If you fillet the fish on the ride back-you'll need to bring a large first aid kit.:D Skip

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Capt Jim -- Glad I wasn't the ONLY one to pick up on Graybeard's "list". As for the "at sea" fillet thing -- I think Graybeard must be planning on havin' many body parts replaced when he gets back to the pier ^_^.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts