Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday was a perfect flat day for deep dropping with minimal current. Had a great day catching 20 Golden Tile, 10 Blueline Tile (was not targeting Bluelines), 2 mahi, some rosies, and one baby grouper that I believe is a Yellow Edge. Limped home on one engine after fuel pump went out on starboard motor.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice variety there Mike!. Water looks extra smooth; did you drag any baits around or see any signs of Tuna. Thanks for the report and Tight Lines.

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like a good catch there Mike. Sorry to hear about your trouble but thank god for twins!

Did you ever get any further with the windless?

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a good catch there Mike. Sorry to hear about your trouble but thank god for twins!

Did you ever get any further with the windless?
Turns out the gearbox got stuck on the shaft. While everything technically was working and the gearbox had oil, the shaft and gearbox got corroded together from 9 years of saltwater corrosion. While trying to get the gearbox off from the shaft, I ruined the gearbox. I called Maxwell and they said the gearbox could be replaced but I went ahead and ordered a new windlass. I intend to keep up with the regular maintenance on this new one.

So the lesson learned the older we get, it's important to keep your shaft well lubricated. :yes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the long run your probably time and money ahead just getting the new one.

Dont skimp on the lube.....A corroded shaft is no bueno:nono:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts