Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the last 4-5 days I have noticed an increase in deer activity. Rubing, scraping and some doe chasing are on the increase. It has been a slow bow season but I am going to make up for lost time in the next week or two! The trees have been green all season like it is summertime. This colder weather should turn things around. -Kepone

·
Registered
142 Posts
It is that time... The RUT is starting. At the very least, Rubs and scrapes are undeniable. They are everywhere. I wonder if the Rut will follow the fishing trend (and weather and mast crop) by being two weeks behind... I guess I will have to do some "research" in the following weeks.

God it is getting hard to get to work on time!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Been noticing more activity late morning, had 3 does come out and about 15 min. later a small buck then about 5 min. later a nice 10 pt. Both bucks were following the trail of the does. Bucks didn't even stop to feed on the corn pile, noses were down and steady following the does.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yesterday was the first time since the full moon that I have seen deer moving. In Brunswick they are doing some pre-rut scraping, but it's been slow to start in my area in Dinwiddie. I wish I had put on my rain suit and tried it because the rain has them up and moving. Hopefully this cool weather will get things rolling this week.
Looking For Bullwinkle,
BILL[excited][excited]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I wish I could say the same on my one piece, my famrer didn't plant anything this year and I've seen a large decrease in deer or at least concentrations of deer. Just put up a new stand a few weeks back, located near a main trail and a creek crossing. Hopefully it'll pay dividends next week. However, things are looking up! I just got a new piece to hunt and quickly located a rub line consisting of pine/cedars 15"- 30" around all tore up[excited]....I've only been tot he property once so I'm hoping by leaving it alone I'll have a shot at unmolested deer during the rut, gotta find the does and their bedding area's though, or at least a area where trails cross. I might try rattling later in the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.