Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
High and stained and very, very few fish in the normal fly areas. I think the flood over the weekend washed the fish downstream.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hoping to get out tomorrow some for a little while in the evening. Was there sunday and the water was the muddiest i've ever seen it (obviously). fished about 2 hours with out a bite. Some guys were fishing off the railroad bridge using night crawlers and slaying catfish. will report with what i see tomorrow

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fished the bank of Deer Creek this morning for about an hr and caught 12, most every one was catching fish. The river was high and muddy and fishing spots are limited. The guy was fishign off the bridge again this morning and doing pretty good with the catfish

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I fished the bank of Deer Creek this morning for about an hr and caught 12, most every one was catching fish. The river was high and muddy and fishing spots are limited. The guy was fishign off the bridge again this morning and doing pretty good with the catfish
Awesome! Never underestimate the urge to spawn.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was there Monday and it was a mess. Almost no one there either. One guy caught a few but that was all I saw. I caught 2 catfish on my fly rod but no shad.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Was out there monday evening, tried at Rock run area first, but the river was pretty much unfishable. Tried to fish into rock run itself which was alot higher than i ever seen it. Thought maybe the fish may be hiding in the clearer calmer water, but nothing accept a gold tony lost in a tree. So went down to Deer creek, was a bit muddy and ended up catching 2 hickories about 45 minutes before dark. Guy next to me caught a few as well. lost another tony in a tree along with a few more darts and spoons. not enough fish to compensate for the takle i lost. Going to try again tommorrow in the morning or afternoon or both, hopefully will do alot better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fished this evening from about 4:00 - 7:30 at the mouth of Deer Creek and landed about 18 fish. I say landed because i must have had triple that in hits, but lost the fish. I've never actually had this many fish spit the lure before. All and all a fun day, everyone was catching all though it was not any where near intense. Good luck to all heading out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts