Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The doe i got pic's of two weeks ago didnt mind the cam taking 4 pic's of her feeding in the middle of the day. But when she came threw @ 6:10 the next day and that flash went off she must have went to the next co.
Checked the cam yesterday and 0 pic's. [sad]
Hope i dont have to move that ladder stand , took me and a buddy 3hrs to put that thing togeather and haul it in and mount it on a tree in the rain
[grin]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ladder stands can be a pain in the arse, especially when you attach one to a tree with poison ivy vines.... [tongue]

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've found that deer don't mind 1 flash picture. But if your camera is set up to take more than 1 picture within say 15 minutes it bothers the deer. Try setting your camera to take pictures every 20 minutes. This also prevents you from wasting 10 pictures on the same doe. I think when they see 1 flash they aren't really sure what it is. But when they see it 5 times in a row they are spooked.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dont think it is a good idea to put a trail cam where you are going to hunt. put it in the same piece of woods, just not close to your stand.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also agree with not putting the cam close to your stands, I think putting them next to your buddies stands ....like I do yours Sea-Ya is much more fun[excited]

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use the cuddeback 3.0 and also a stealth POS. The cuddeback has taken several pictures of 7 different bucks, both in velvet and after it was rubbed off. The pictures were at night and during the day. The camera takes pictures every minute, so I have a couple dozen of just these bucks.

I don't think its your flash, its more than likely the sound of film advancing. The stealth used 35mm film and I had noticed a huge reduction in the movement around that camera, so I have taken it out completely.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cam i have is digital and as far as i can tell it makes no sound at all. I'm going to check it again this weekend. If i still dont have any pic's, that will be two weeks in arow. I'll pull it out. I dont want to screw up the area. I know there's nice bucks there and i took a good one there last yr.
I was hoping to get some pic's of the bucks in the area.
I've got to the point that draging and cleaning deer is to much like work. So i wait for the right one.
My tree stand is 60 yds. from where the cam is.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It might be the scent your leaving coming and going checking your camera. Are you wearing clean rubber boots and washing your hands before handing the camera.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, i wear rubber boots & rubber gloves. I walk straight in to the cam and out. I dont walk about or on the trail. And i only go in once a week. In the middle of the day.
Maybe i've done something good. Maybe they'll stay away from that area and cirle over where my stand is. LOL[grin]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts