Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely bait deer but put up a feeder two weeks ago on a new place I recently got. Yesterday I bought 1/2 bushel of blemished apples. I want to put them down today for Saturdays hunt. My question is will a new smell make them cautious this close to the hunt? Opions welcome. Thanks......... Gary

Registered
I rarely bait deer but put up a feeder two weeks ago on a new place I recently got. Yesterday I bought 1/2 bushel of blemished apples. I want to put them down today for Saturdays hunt. My question is will a new smell make them cautious this close to the hunt? Opions welcome. Thanks......... Gary
No your good this cold weather will make them hungry馃 I鈥檓 in stand now only a spike horn so far will be hunting Saturday all day good luck buddy

Registered
Your apples will be gone by the time you return and so will the deer. Thank you for feeding the Deer. Some of us would rather enjoy watching them instead of killing them .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was always told, if there鈥檚 no apples anywhere around, don鈥檛 put down apples, but I hope it鈥檚 different for you.
Makes sense but there is no corn around and they are cleaning it up every day. My question was will a new scent spook them two days before I hunt....... Gary

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your apples will be gone by the time you return and so will the deer. Thank you for feeding the Deer. Some of us would rather enjoy watching them instead of killing them .
I'll take a picture for you right before I shoot them.......... Gary

Registered
I always thought deer loved alfalfa. So, I found some bales and purchased them. Put it out on the lower shore and it never got touched. Grew mold. Now, a salt block or a bag of salt on a rotten stump, attracted everything, even Turkey

Registered
I was in a club in hebron, md鈥.years ago. Older member had a tree stand made of old scaffolding from an old job I suppose. He would put out bushels of apples and we鈥檇 walk by his stand and takes bites out of them and throw them back and he was always excited that they were eating his apples

Registered
Your scent will have more impact than an foreign food source. Use de-scented boots. Do not touch apples. Shouldn't be an issue several days ahead. Might not pull in what you want right away.

Registered
I鈥檝e had apples next to corn all this season down in Talbot County, Royal Oak. Seems like once they鈥檙e wilted the deer won鈥檛 touch em. All the surrounding field corn has been cut. Bucks just started to come to the corn last week. There are so many acorns in the woods this year it has been hard to compete but give em corn on the ground and make em look for it. It won鈥檛 fail you.
Howard

Registered
I do t hunt anymore, but this day and the days to follow, I lived for all year long. If want to throw some apples out, go ahead. I鈥檓 looking forward to reading the harvest reports! Hope you all connect

Registered
We would put out apples when we got seconds in an area with no apples anywhere around. Every time the first night we would have lots of bucks show up, I don't know how they know but they loved them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts