Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thompsons will be closing at the end of the year. Love their work and turn around. We will miss him. Tried two others, that I wont mention, in years past and wasnt very happy. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
there is a place in forrest hill behind the air port. i forget their name but the phone book will have it. they are not cheap. i live in harford county and bring my deer down to the place behind where outdoor sportsman used to be on eastern ave. i have been very happy with them and save a little $ hope that helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
That should be FTS.
Same as their taxidermy studio.

A little down the road from you is Ridgely and Ferrens in the heart of Towson. They are a half a block west of the roundabout. They have a market up front and a butcher shop below ( entry from the alley out back). A little pricier than Thompsons but I liked what I've had processed there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do all you guys realize that for as littel as $200.00 you could be outfitted, and very well, to process your own deer.

An electric grinder from Cabela's is $99.00. You can get a FoodSaver Vacuum sealer out of Cabelas for less than $100.00.

Other than that, all you need is a knife, and you will never have to pay a processor again.

The meat department at any Grocery store will give you as much Beef tTrimmings or Pork trimmings as you like and you can make as much Hamburger or Sausage as you could possibley want.

It is extremely easy, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.